1. Walk in ClosetsLarge closets, particularly in the master bedroom is on the top priorities list for home buyers. Many even said they would sacrifice another home feature in order to have a walk in closet in the master bedroom.
2. Laundry RoomsBuyers are looking for more than just a place to put their washer and dryer. They want upgraded laundry rooms; complete with built-in ironing boards, space for folding clothes, extra storage and upgraded appliances.
3. Energy EfficiencyHome buyers are looking to cut utility costs, and energy efficiency appliances and products can be one way to do that. Low e-windows, Energy Star appliances and programmable thermostats are more in demand than ever.
4. Great RoomsLarge open spaces that often merge dining rooms, living rooms and kitchens, continue to be in high demand among home buyers. It is an area where everyone can come together, where kids can do their homework, and dinner can be prepared.
5. Taller First Floor CeilingsMore home buyers want the first floor to stretch beyond the typical eight foot ceiling. The taller ceilings can open up living rooms, dining rooms and other spaces on the first floor. Many home buyers are not looking for tall ceilings on the second floor, as they want a more cozy feeling.
Lisa Southern Real Estate is located at 15 E. Martin Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. We specialize in Downtown Raleigh and the surrounding Raleigh Metro area of Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs and Fuquay Varina. If you are interested in living, investing, renting or selling in the Raleigh area, visit our website, give us a call at: 919-800-0800 or stop by our office today! We look forward to meeting you!