What you can do to Make Your Home Sell Quickly
There is nothing that is more frustrating for a homeowner than making the decision to sell, and then finding they’re stuck with a house on the market that doesn’t sell.
The reality is that when you decide you are selling a house, you need to keep it clean, tidy and in “show house” condition every day of the week, just in case a buyer responds to the house sale and wants to buy a home – especially yours. If your home doesn’t look the way it sounds in the house sale advertisement, you could lose the sale.
For this reason it makes sense to do everything possible to ensure that selling a house will be a seamless experience. So you might as well do everything you can to make your home sell quickly. Here are some tips that will help you if you are selling a house.
Five Top Tips to Make Your Home Sell Quickly
- Stay Neutral Customizing your décor and being individualistic is fine; but there’s no guarantee that everyone’s going to like it. Brightly colored paint, clever paint techniques, and retro furniture may impress some people, but generally anything but a middle-of-the-road approach will appeal to the bulk of potential purchasers. So the first tip is to keep neutral in terms of color and approach in an attempt to appeal to as many buyers as possible.
- Less is More Clutter is a “no-no”. So you’ve accumulated family possessions and furniture over years, and/or you need to be able to seat the masses. But not many people are going to buy a home that is crammed with furniture. If you are selling a house and you really do want to make your home sell quickly, you need to make space. If you can’t bring yourself to get rid of stuff, put it in storage. People need to see the house, not your clutter!
- De-personalize It might be a hard pill to swallow, but generally when people buy a home, they are only looking at the house – not your possessions. Get them out of the way. Even though you love them, they can become a disadvantage.
- Do Essential Repairs You don’t have to remodel your house to get your price, and make your home sell quickly. But you do need to ensure that things aren’t broken. Fix what can you as best as you are able. If you need a handyman or professional company, remember that a job well done will pay dividends. Leave it broken and you’ll likely have to drop your price.
- Maximize Curb Appeal First impressions really do count, especially when you want to make your home sell quickly. Drive past your property and see if you would be likely to buy a home like this one. (You did, but has the first impression paled?) Tidy up and do what you can to make your house look pretty from the front.
Thinking of Selling Your Home? Let me take a walk through with you and lets discuss what we should be doing to get your home sold more quickly.
What is Your Home Worth?